a simple man's love for food, life & star wars

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Leftovers!!: Beef Roast Fajitas & Mashed Potato Cheddar Cakes

Leftovers are my favorite thing in the whole world! You can do so much with leftovers...and generally I tend to discover how to make new and exciting variations of recipes I have been using. Tonight, I decided to take the leftover Beef Roast and make it into fajitas. I simply chopped up an onion, red pepper and green pepper and fried them up. After they were about 80% done, I added some chopped garlic & paprica and then added the leftover beef roast, shredded up like Carnitas.   I also did my favorite thing to leftover mashed potatoes....I made them into Mashed Potato Cheddar Cakes!

Recipe:
I take a skillet and get it smoking hot and then I take handfulls of my leftover mashed potatoes and flatten them into patties, about 3 inches wide and half an inch thick. Then I sprinkle some cheese on the top of the patty and lay that sucker right on the pan. You fry that side for several minutes so the cheese gets nice and crispy and then flip it and do the same thing to the other side. You end up with this crispy Cheese It tasting crust on the potatoes...it's super delicious!

Anyways, here is the final product with the fajitas and some rice.

5 comments:

  1. Did you have these both in one night? Beef fajitas and the roast? Mom made beef fajitas when she was here. You missed it because she made before you came. I had roast ready for them on Monday evening when they came in. Everything looks great! Here is one of the cookies I made today. I also made sugar cookies. Mom made these all the time growing up. Do your remember? It's called Pecan tassies. Here is the link:

    http://www.christmas-cookies.com/recipes/recipe172.aunt-jackies-pecan-tarts.html

    I use finely chopped pecans. We have almost eaten it all, so try making it. It's really easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! So excited to follow regularly and hear all about your wonderful creations. This sounds delicious. I'll definitely try them out! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made the roast yesterday, the fajitas today. He just got 'round to blogging about it all today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Hula..I actually wanted your Pumpkin Pie recipe...the one that was sweetened with molasses. I would like to try that out..or a variation of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'll send it to you! Probably tomorrow or so. I would suggest using better crust, that kind of ruined it when I made it for you guys. :(

    ReplyDelete